Welcome to Day 3 of my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are just joining me, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
For The Minimalist Game, I got rid of:
- A binder's-worth of magazine and newspaper clippings.
- Some laundry detergent containers that I had saved to use someday for unspecified crafts.
- Same as #2, but kitty litter buckets.
- Same as #3, but milk cartons.
- Same as #4, but cardboard pieces.
- Same as #5, but fabric scraps.
- Same as #6, but bits of quilt batting.
- Same as #7, but plastic water bottles.
- Same as #8, but paper bags.
- Same as #9, but dryer lint. I KNOW! DON'T YELL AT ME!
If I'd had the presence of mind I'd have taken photos as I went, but I was in a rush because of the aforementioned crazy busy-ness. As a peace offering, I give you a recipe I improvised this past weekend for our Saturday afternoon tea:
Autumn Molasses Cookies
|Pretty pretty. Tasty tasty.|
- the dry ingredients of your favorite sugar cookie recipe*
- 1/2 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*You can totally use a packaged mix for this.
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients for your sugar cookie recipe. You need 2 cups of assembled mix. Whisk in the pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg. Stir in the molasses and the vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet (or use a baking mat which is in fact da bomb). Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into some sugar and press each cookie flat.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until done. Let cool on the baking sheet for one minute, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.