Welcome to Day 3 of my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are just joining me, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
OK, so the point of this project is to get ready for the winter holidays that my family celebrates, which are Thanksgiving, my birthday :) , Christmas, and New Year's Day. So today I am going to spend my 30-for-30 session in the closet in our bedroom. There is a box in there, somewhere under all the stuff the cats have knocked off the shelves, that has holiday table linens and kitchen linens, and I am pretty sure there are 8-legged beings in there that need to be evicted. #KeepingItReal2014
For The Minimalist Game, I am getting rid of:
- One caulk gun in the trash.
- One partial container of used oil going to the recycling center.
- Eight various sized wooden dowels.
- MORE plastic grocery bags going in for recycling.
- MORE jars that I was saving for who knows what.
- MORE little plastic storage containers that I was saving for who knows what.
- One empty coffee container that I was saving for who knows what.
- One pair of gardening gloves.
- Two plastic drink containers.
- Six empty water bottles not needed anymore for class.
- Two old calendars.
- One package of glow sticks.
- This one hurts: several containers of pantry staples that had not been used up in cooking classes, and had been forgotten in the back of the cabinet, and are no longer fit to eat. :( Food waste makes my brain ache.
RUNNING TOTAL: 91
...of which today there were more than 39 discrete items, plus a bunch of plastic grocery bags. To date I have removed over 458 items from my home, and I'm not quite halfway through the project!
~~~~~~~~~~~ProTip: If you put everything you are getting rid of in the back of the car, and you then drive all over town doing errands with all the stuff in the back of the car, then you pull into your driveway when you get home and suddenly realize that all that stuff is still in the back of the car because you got distracted by a doughnut and you forget to drop off the stuff that's in the back of the car: just do the right thing and head back out and drop off the stuff before you even get out of the car. Because if you get out of the car thinking, "I'll just drop that stuff off tomorrow when I'm out running around town doing errands again," you will not have room to put more stuff in the car, and then you will be mad at yourself for not dropping off the stuff in the first place. #KeepingItReal2014 #ARGH