Welcome to my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are joining me for the first time, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
So I know you're all wondering: after completely emptying the bedroom closet, I didn't find any evidence of eight-legged guests. This is a big deal in middle Tennessee, because we are America's destination for Brown Recluse spiders. (Don't click that link if you are spider-phobic.)
The Great Bedroom Closet Reclamation of 2014 continues today. If I’m not done by tomorrow, I’m moving on.
For The Minimalist Game, I am getting rid of:
- A four-man tent.
- Three knitted winter hats.
- One pair of knitted mittens.
- Two tennis rackets.
- A tote bag.
- A sports bra.
- A very 1980s elastic belt.
- A camp stool to be returned to its rightful owner.
- A granny purse.
- A not-granny purse.
- MORE shredded papers.
- MORE plastics grocery bags. (Grocery bags come out of the woodwork when you start emptying closets.)
- A brand new, still in the package Snappi diaper fastener. <3
- Two old, torn sheets. (Why??? Why do I hang onto things like this???)
- Four empty bath toiletry containers. (Why??? Why do I hang onto things like this???)
Not pictured are the tent, the knitted hats, and the pair of mittens, because I had to drop all that off before I got a chance to take pictures.
|Some of this dated back more than 10 years. :/ Statements from a mortgage we don't even have anymore! Statements from credit cards we don't even have anymore! What kind of weirdo hoards this stuff???|
|Technically these were not "empty" because I could have held the bottles upside down for a couple of hours and gotten a tablespoon or so out of each. What kind of weirdo hoards this stuff???|
RUNNING TOTAL: 106
...of which today there were more than 20 discrete items, plus dozens of plastic grocery bags and dozens of shredded papers. To date I have removed at least 526 individual items from my home.
Today is the halfway mark! I just might make it!