Welcome to my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are joining me for the first time, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
Today Ella is sick with a cold, so while I was making chicken soup, I decluttered in the kitchen and the laundry room. I was surprised how much I could get done in such a short time, considering that I was also not burning lunch.
By this time, I've given away so much big stuff that I'm down to ferretting out at all the little bits and pieces that collectively take up a lot of space. When the soup was done I had a drawer and a cupboard that were lean and tidy, and I can honestly say except for the fact that those spaces aren’t crammed full anymore, it’s hard to tell that anything important is missing. You know why? Because nothing important is missing. There was way too much. I owned/own way too much. (But it’s getting better.)
After I clean up from lunch I'll spend my 30-for-30 session dealing with the laundry room proper. There is barely a path in there. Wish me luck.
For The Minimalist Game, today I am getting rid of:
- One plastic pitcher with lid. (2)
- Two plastic measuring cups. (2)
- One set of plastic measuring spoons. (5)
- One foam play clock. (1)
- One Dave Ramsey book. (1)
- Ten plastic coat hangers. (10)
- Three rice paddles. (3)
- One rounded spatula. (1)
- One knife sharpening stone. (1)
- Two sets of plastic salad servers. (4)
- One plastic honey drizzler. (1)
- One plastic avocado scooper. (1)
- One egg separator. (1)
- One pair of tongs. (1)
- One hot dog holder for the grill. (1)
- One set of veggie holders for the grill. (4)
- One large white serving dish. (1)
- One kitchen shredding tool. (1)
- One large red plastic bowl. (1)
|Change of photographic venue. You like?|
RUNNING TOTAL: 213
...of which today there were 42 discrete pieces. To date I have removed more than 844 individual items from my home.
If I had had any idea that I'd be looking at these kinds of numbers, I'd have planned a yard sale.