Welcome to my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are joining me for the first time, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
OK, I’m back and I have done the deeds. One 30-for-30 session in the kitchen, getting ready for the tomorrow’s Cook-apolooza, and with Ella’s help I got rid of things all over the house.
For The Minimalist Game, today I got rid of:
- One plastic shield thingie that keeps babies from pushing the buttons on the TV. (1)
- One loose tea steeping thingie that lost its chain. (1)
- One bundle of skewers. (1)
- One bundle of wooden chopsticks. (1)
- Some old spices into the composter. (6)
- Spice containers into the recycling bin and not in the “save for a future unspecified craft project” bin. (6)
- One dozen TP tubes out of the “save for a future unspecified craft project” bin and into the recycling bin. (12)
- Three booklets of patterns for carving Halloween pumpkins. (3)
- Three flannel-back vinyl Halloween tablecloths. (3)
- One hand towel from a place I’d rather forget. (1)
- Preschool-size bike helmet. (1)
- Three gift boxes in the shape of Chinese take-out boxes. (3)
- Six paperback books to trade a McKays. (6)
- One hardback book to give to a friend. (1)
- Two staple-bound books for the Little Free Library. (2)
- One husband pillow. (1)
- One plastic zipper bag that comforters are sold in. (1)
- Two rolls of wood grain contact paper. (2)
- One unused composition notebook. (1)
- Random pieces of junk that needed to be in the trash or recycling - water bottle lids, mostly. (9)
- A plastic jack-o-lantern’s worth of empty candy wrappers in the trash. (1+)
- A stack of loyalty cards, scanned into Key Ring then shredded and in the recycling bin. (11)
- One oatmeal container out of the “save for a future unspecified craft project” bin and into the recycling bin. (1)
- Three grocery bags of fabric scraps. (3+)
- One plastic carrying basket. (1)
- A box full of sticks, picked out for a craft that is not going to happen, sent back out to the wild where they can be free. I KNOW. DON’T YELL AT ME. (12+)
|Not pictured: trash, recycling, and stuff returned to the wild.|
RUNNING TOTAL: 351
...of which today there were 90 discrete pieces, counting bundles and bags as single units and not by their individual pieces. To date I have removed more than 1559 individual items from my home.
And now, it’s time to brine your birds!
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 cup of salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- Whatever else you’d like: bay leaves, lemon slices, peppercorns, mustard seeds, white wine, etc.
Put all the ingredients into a BIG pot, bring it to a boil, stir to dissolve the salt and sugar, then let it come to room temp. Remove all the extras from the bird cavity, put the bird in the brine, cover, and put the whole thing in the fridge overnight. Tomorrow, drain and discard the brine, prep the bird, roast.
So, tomorrow being Thanksgiving Day in the States and all, I won’t be online to post an update on the blog. However, I will still do a 30-for-30 session and I will still play The Minimalist Game. I will post all about it on Friday, because I will not be shopping. Have a great holiday!