Welcome to Day 3 of my 30 Minutes for 30 Days series! If you are just joining me, you can find out how this all got started HERE. You can read all the 30 for 30 posts HERE.
Woohoo! When today's session is over I will have completed one whole week of cleaning, neatening, organizing, and DECLUTTERING!
My 30-for-30 session today will be spent in the part of the kitchen that we call the schoolroom. This area is off to the side of the kitchen, and when the back door is open it is easy to just breeze by it without really looking at it. This makes it a much-too-handy dumping ground for things that I don't want to deal with. Today, that pattern ends. Today, I start dealing.
For The Minimalist Game I am getting rid of:
- A collection of Wii remote accessories.
- A stack of fabric that I was given but will never use.
- A set of curtains. I have no idea where they came from.
- A small stack of pillowcases that I was what? Hoarding? Are you sure?
- A box I found in the art room that had things I was going to give away LAST CHRISTMAS. It had become lost in the avalanche.
- More books for the Little Free Library.
- Some books and CDs that we will sell at McKay's Used Bookstore.
RUNNING TOTAL: 28 Items
...of which today there were 57 discrete individual items. FIFTY-SEVEN. Yes, I counted. That means that in one week I have removed approximately160 items from my home and from my life.
As of today I have also spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning, decluttering, and organizing my home this week. Doing a short session every day has been un-intimidating and non-stress-inducing, yet so productive. I had to see it to believe it, but now I believe it.
The weekend is here! I'm going to continue my 30-for-30 sessions, but I'm also going to take time to enjoy the fruits of my efforts in the art room. What are you doing this weekend?